MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
Member Login    News    Support our Charities    Photos    Event Calendar      
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
The Helen K. Denton Story

How The City of Riverdale and Clayton County are connected in D-DAY History.   Helen Kogel...
Read More

Register for News Story Emails.
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
 
Local Interest

The city of Warner Robins was founded in 1942 from the community of Wellston. It was named for Brigadier General Augustine Warner Robins (1882-1940). It was incorporated as a town in 1943 and as a city in 1956.

Around 1940, the community of Wellston was sparsely populated and inhabited primarily by farmers and their families. Its most notable landmark was a stop on the railroad line. Wellston also had a small sawmill and a grocery store. Peach orchards covered parts of the surrounding land.

This air force base was initially called Wellston Army Air Depot when it opened in 1942. On September 1, 1942, the town was given the new name of Warner Robins and soon thereafter on October 14, 1942, the base was renamed to become Warner Robins Army Air Depot.

Over the years, the city of Warner Robins has grown significantly and is one of the best places in Georgia to raise a family. The relationship between Robins AFB and the surrounding communities is strong. The Museum of Aviation, one of many area landmarks, captures the span of aviation history.

MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter
MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter

· Copyright ©2019 MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter 478.254.2841 PO Box 1936 Warner Robins GA 31099 ·
· Contact MOAA Middle Georgia Chapter · Disclosure · Webmaster · Browser and Email Settings ·
· Website by VetVentures.org · VetVentures.org Disclaimer ·
V.8